How to post a fishing report

Tournament223

Reaction score
Please state the area that you fished and what fish were caught on your Grady. Afterwards pm me and give me the loran numbers :D :D

MrPat

Reaction score
Tournament223 said:
Please state the area that you fished and what fish were caught on your Grady. Afterwards pm me and give me the loran numbers :D :D

I'd be happy to give you my numbers since it is such a long commute from NY to FL.

Here is a picture from last month. My best grouper so far. Bottom fishing has been excellent off Port Canaveral FL this winter. The Cobia are starting to arrive and in a few weeks the Dolphin will be making their way north. This is the best time of the fishing year down here!

Patsgag1.JPG

ocdansar

Reaction score
mahi time

mr pat~
my son just came back from mexico/belize as a mate on a private sportfish out of ft pierce...... you should see the pictures of the groupers and white marlin......... he also said be ready he thinks this will be the best mahi year in florida (size and numbers) in a few years.... he said last wednesday they pased a school of them off miami on the way back in 8 foot seas nothing but 20-30 lbsers cruising down the face and he said there were tons of them headed our way...... the wahoo bite has also been pretty steady on the other side by matanilla shoals

MrPat

Reaction score
ocdansar
I am very ready for a good mahi run. I hope we get some weed lines soon. It's very naked out there now. I have been spending all my fishing time bottom bouncing. I have not trolled in a year. If we get a good run of mahi, I'll troll for a few weeks, even though trolling is soooo boring.

BTW I just sent you a PM.

Montauk Explorer

Reaction score
suggestion- we should have separate topics broken down by maybe the closets inlet- ie: Fire Island Inlet , NY

what do ya think?

finalley

Reaction score
say no too cold

i read these replies and thank god i dont have to "splash" every year 12 months of fishing will spoil ya but when it gets cold up there come on down we always have room on the boat it is amazing how hard it is to find people to go fishing with you........

"the fishing will continue until the box is full!"

Montauk Explorer

Reaction score
I am envious of your fishing season.

If it was January I would say I'm on the way!

Whats your homeport and what kind of fishing do you do?

finalley

Reaction score
homeport

My dad is "ocdansar" he owns a 02 330 express on the trailer in central florida....... winter time is split between middle grounds fishing out of crystal river (100-120 miles out bottom fishing at its finest its only between 125-200 feet out there) and sailfishing out of ft. pierce...... summers usually are in the keys fishing cay sal bank and islamorada with trips to ft. pierce and the gulf mixed in......... i deckhand on a 60 foot lydia sportfish out of ft. pierce in the winter and ocean city, maryland in the summer

MrPat

Reaction score
Re: homeport

finalley said:
My dad is "ocdansar" he owns a 02 330 express on the trailer in central florida....... winter time is split between middle grounds fishing out of crystal river (100-120 miles out bottom fishing at its finest its only between 125-200 feet out there) and sailfishing out of ft. pierce...... summers usually are in the keys fishing cay sal bank and islamorada with trips to ft. pierce and the gulf mixed in......... i deckhand on a 60 foot lydia sportfish out of ft. pierce in the winter and ocean city, maryland in the summer

"life is good" :D

KAZOO

Reaction score
Fluke and Bass

Montauk- Lots of small fluke in the north rips. A few keepers on the south side down towards town. Dog fish out in the deeper 45+ spots.
Trolling wire and chutes productive on the stripers. Still many shorts. Porgys very plentiful and large around Gardiners Island.Water 57degrees.

Marlin30

Reaction score
Website
www.tunavisionsportfishing.com
Ocean City Hambone

Made our way out day before Ernesto to The Hamobone(32 miles from OC inlet) and picked up a nice YF Tuna about 35lbs., then 2 more knockdowns from those pesky peanut dolphin.

Very Rough! only made 18 knots home, but the Grady handled it well.