1996 voyager rear storage tub?

Johnyrude200

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did these boats originally come with a removeable tub in the rear access hatch near the port gunnel immediately forward of the boarding ladder?

attached pic is the access point Im talking about. Im assuming this is the same hull design right through 2010 with the Journey 258 model.

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpeg
    IMG_2924.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yes. There was a removable bin there.
The 258 had the same dimensions, but different hull (full running surface and possibly more). From the helm aft was also redesigned.
If you are looking for a replacement, good luck.

Johnyrude200

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thank you. Yes, I wasn't going to waste my time looking for a replacement tub. However, I am working with a local fabricator to reproduce the tub for my boat via 3D printing, so it should work fine. Maybe not as pretty as the original, but will be functional for my use!

On a side note - I have been trying to find a picture of what the window screens for the cuddy side windows looked like. You wouldn't by any change have any images would you? I've already had to replace the window glass on all windows and skylight screen and glass as well. Basically doing a restoration on the boat.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I can't confidently recall. I can't remember if it was an aluminum or plastic frame with a screen. Regardless, you will likely need to or have someone fab them for you. With the right glue, screen, and plastic it should be doable.
The original bin for the corner was very deep. I would guess at least 30". Taking some measurements and doing a little online searching, you can probably find a trash bin that will be close enough to work.