2007 Grady 208 w/ 2023 Yamaha 200

Natron

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife and I have decided to go bigger. We are listing our Adventure 208 which we have done a ton of work to in the last 2 years.

Here is a link to the craigslist ad. I've been having a hard time posting pictures direct to this site.

2007 Grady White Adventure 208

-Repowered with 2023 Yamaha 200 (8/2023). All new rigging/controls. YES warranty until 8/2029. ~126 hours.
-Full Hydraulic steering refit 2023. Utilizes integrated steering on 2023 + Yamahas
-Factory Hardtop with Eisenglass enclosure. Front 4 curtains replaced 2023. The rear 3 are in good condition
-New Lewmar stainless steering wheel 2023
-Siren Marine system installed 2023. ((boat monitoring app for phone.) Current sensors are for battery voltage and bilge pump but system can be expanded
-100 W flexible solar panel/controller installed 2024.
-New Garelick dive ladder w/bracket 2024
-Garmin 943sxv/transducer installed 2023
-Uniden VHF Radio, installed 2022
-Boat bottom paint/barrier coat 2023. Hull had not been bottom painted before. Will need a re-coat for 2025 season
-2007 5star roller trailer. Brake lines and all rollers replaced 2023.
-High speed thru Hull, Live well pump and raw water wash down pumps/hoses installed 2024
-Fuel lines replaced including vent, fill and antisiphon fitting in 2023.
-New scupper hoses in 2023
-New starter and house batteries in 2023
-New Moeller 26 gallon live well. Set up to be removable when not in use.

Boat is mechanically new and runs like a top. Ad says warranty until 8/2028...it's actually 8/2029. I pulled out the paperwork yesterday. Asking $50k.

Thanks,
Nate

Last edited:

Natron

Reaction score
I’m open to criticism on price here from members. So far I’m getting plenty of Craigslist looky Lou’s and people asking the most obscure questions. Lots of people looking for a free sunset cruise. One person with the NADA pricing. :rolleyes:

I have about $65k invested here since 2022…trying to recoup a reasonable amount.

MA208

Reaction score
I think it’s priced fairly. I had the same year 208 with a hardtop and F200 and I miss that boat. Not many 208’s with the hardtop and it really opens the boat up.

You’ve done the most expensive and painful maintenance items already. The poly fuel tank should be good forever. Considering the new 218 is around 150k it’s a bargain.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m open to criticism on price here from members. So far I’m getting plenty of Craigslist looky Lou’s and people asking the most obscure questions. Lots of people looking for a free sunset cruise. One person with the NADA pricing. :rolleyes:

I have about $65k invested here since 2022…trying to recoup a reasonable amount.
I think the biggest issues here would be your location, in that used east coast boats typically just don't sell for what they do out here on the west coast. I think your boat out here in the PNW/west coast would very much likely be a $50k boat. The other issue is that for slightly more money, one could get a newer boat than yours with newer power on it as well. There's a 2018 GW 208 Adventure for sale on BT currently, and has been for quite sometime, for $65k, though it doesn't appear to come with a trailer. I think even that boat is a bit high on the pricing as I've seen it for sale for weeks now, if not months. While you do appear to have a nice boat with a nice recent repower, if people are seeing your boat for sale at $50k and then see the other one on BT for sale for $65k, or even others for $74k, many might likely pick the one that's 11 years newer. There's also the issue of "buying bigger" for not much more money, in that for similar pricing, you can be into the 226/228 Seafarer, maybe even the 232 Gulfstream price range. Though, those aren't likely to have a repower on them for that price and again, the markets shift and fluctuate quite a bit. It's also the issue that a lot of people face with doing a repower in that should they fix what they've got and sell it or should they repower it and potentially make more money? I always recommend to fix what you've got and sell, especially if a repower is going to put you upside down on the boat or if you don't intend to keep it for more than a couple of years. If you have $20k-$30k of "wiggle room" in the boat like I do, then a repower might be a decent option and you can still be money ahead. Same goes for if you honestly just don't care how much you spend or if you intend on keeping the boat for the next 10, 15 or even 20 years from now and can justify the added expenses. Lastly, I think some people including myself, would rather spend less money and have older power, then in the even that the boat does need to be repowered, there is again that wiggle room for doing so and still breaking even or making money on the deal. Good luck with the sale and hopefully you're able to recoup some of your expenses, not trying to be critical, just giving opinions on the matter, which is what it sounds like you're asking the forum members for.

Natron

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. One thing on our side is the boat itself only had 150 hours on it when we repowered so the hull itself is in great shape.

we knew it would be a loss repowering. No surprise there. At the time it was easier to find a new 200 than a power head.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
... used east coast boats in the North East are generally more desirable than in the southeast. One big reason is the gelcoat isn't burnt by the sun.
Nice boat, fair asking price

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. One thing on our side is the boat itself only had 150 hours on it when we repowered so the hull itself is in great shape.

we knew it would be a loss repowering. No surprise there. At the time it was easier to find a new 200 than a power head.
Damn... the powerhead on your old outboard needed to be replaced with only 150 hours on it? That's insane.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
... used east coast boats in the North East are generally more desirable than in the southeast. One big reason is the gelcoat isn't burnt by the sun.
Nice boat, fair asking price
Agreed... that's why I've always looked on the middle of the east coast and have actually found all 3 of my boats for sale in Maryland. I've always avoided Florida boats because of the sun and oftentimes they'll have hurricane, flood or other weather damage done to them as well. That being said, northeast boat prices still generally run quite a bit less than say NW/west coast boat prices. Or at least from what I've seen.