228 stern seat insert pans

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Yall,
I have a call into Grady about getting those insert trays/pans under the stern seats . I am doubtful they will be still available unless they are currently used for other boats in production.

If they are not available, what have you guys done to maximize that space for storage? Are there after market tubs from Rubbermaid that would fit? Looking for practical ideas. I have one of those tubs. The other got cracked and got worse .
Thanks
Bobby

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mine came with both, fortunately. I don't really ever use them except to help keep the water out of the battery compartments and off the batteries as well as the other wiring down there. I think it'll be rather difficult to find them unless like you said, they're still used on current models today. You could also try some sites like eBay or Craigslist, but I'm thinking your best bet is to find something of a similar size elsewhere. Either that, or like what is done for the rear facing seats, you could get some clear plexiglass inserts to fill the spot as well.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was unable to find replacements years ago when mine started to crack. I ended up repairing the originals with Bondo and they are still holding up. I use mine for thawing frozen bait on the way offshore.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The brand new 218 Adventure has a similar seating design. I wonder if they've got the insert pans as well, might be something to also ask and see if those could work for your particular situation.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I have a call into Grady about this as well. Waiting for a reply. I have one good one and the other I need to find . It was cracking as well. Thanks guys.

Doc, how are things going with you guys?

Thor's Outlaw

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wait...There are supposed to be storage pans under the stern seats?? I just have the starboard covers.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Getting old, Bob. I'm thinking about putting the 226 up for sale in a few months. They are giving us all of a 15 day gag grouper season this year. After that, I no longer see the point in keeping an offshore boat anymore.

I hope things are going well for you and you continue to enjoy your boat.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score

Getting old, Bob. I'm thinking about putting the 226 up for sale in a few months. They are giving us all of a 15 day gag grouper season this year. After that, I no longer see the point in keeping an offshore boat anymore.

I hope things are going well for you and you continue to enjoy your boat.
I hear you good sir. My wife wants a pontoon boat . . I am like sure but I an keeping the Grady. Enjoy the season and the boat while you can.