228G Windshield Motor Replacement

brightnight

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
TIme to replace my windshield motors on my 1994 228G and wondering what the writing means on these motors. Trying to find out the specs on these motors such as degree of swing and shaft length. These wiper motors have never parked, they just stop wherever they are when I turn the switch off so looking for something that parks. Are mounting holes for wipers generally the same for most marine wipers? How do I find out what motors are compatiable for a replacement? I assume swapping is relatively easy. Not sure how the shafts are sealed to the boat but from watching videos it appears as though there's a gasket that gets crushed with a washer/nut.

From this post with the same base motor number (WWF12C16 ) it appears as though 4R2.12.RR605D might be a direct recplacement but not sure how to find compatitable replacements or it these wipers are marine grade:
https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/wiper-motor-replacement.17354/

Capture_1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

luckydude

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
I'll be pulling mine out of my 2020 228 because I put on a pilot house and I want the motors that can do the bigger wipers. So mine will be for sale in the next few weeks.