265 express leaking faucet in galley

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Any one have any suggestions for fixing a leaking faucet hose in the galley , I can feel the leak but there is no room to see where it is actually coming from or to repair

seasick

Reaction score
What is leaking? The underside or the top side? does it leak all the time or only when used. Most likely, if it is leaking from underneath and you can't see what actually is leaking, you may need to remove it and inspect

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
What is leaking? The underside or the top side? does it leak all the time or only when used. Most likely, if it is leaking from underneath and you can't see what actually is leaking, you may need to remove it and inspect
It’s the lines going to the faucet , we tightened the clamp d but it’s still leaking from somewhere, bit you can’t get under there to see you have to feel for it and there’s no way to remove anything unless you cut the sink out

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I would think it's a loose/stripped hose clamp (most likely) or hose deterioration/cut. Can you loosen the clamp enough to pull of the hoses off at sink fixture connection and inspect/replace?

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I would think it's a loose/stripped hose clamp (most likely) or hose deterioration/cut. Can you loosen the clamp enough to pull of the hoses off at sink fixture connection and inspect/replace?
We tightened the clamps , but I guess we ca try and pull them off and inspect them

Fishtales

Reaction score
I had a leak that was fixable as the cold line popped loose. Just taking it apart and reseating everything did the trick. If its the faucet and you need to replace, they are available. Not cheap, but available.

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I will give it a shot , I seem to have several leaks in the water system ty

seasick

Reaction score
As I asked earlier, does it leak when the fresh water pump is but the faucet is not open?
If so, that eliminate a lot of the faucet but not all of it. To be honest, the photo looks like a lot of age and corrosion/gunk. If the lower end of the faucet is the part that leaks, it probably makes sense to replace the fixture and be prepared ro also replace the supply line and fittings.

Is the faucet a pull out shower model?

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Yes it leaks no matter what faucet we use and when you just turn on the pump , it is a pull out nozzle

seasick

Reaction score
OK, So the leak is in the fittings, supply hose or lower body of the faucet. Unfortunately you are going to have to remove the faucet to inspect. Maybe you can try a new supply hose and or clamp to see if that is the cause of the leak but if the faucet had water in it and the boat was subjected to freezing weather over the winter, the casting may have cracked.

Fishtales

Reaction score
There is quite a lot of pressure in the lines when the pump charges them. First thing is to inspect all line connections. If one, should be easy to spot.