272 1996 sailfish Transducer mounting

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Transducer mounting on twins outboards ideas I already have a true haul any of the machine so I need to mount transducer on the transom ideas

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Transducer mounting on twins outboards ideas I already have a true haul any of the machine so I need to mount transducer on the transom ideas
Please re-read and re-type - I can't understand what you're saying - punctuation and full sentences will help.

However, in regards to ducer mounting - just follow the instructions that come with it. They're pretty self explanatory - you want a spot that has clean water coming off the transom and, generally, at least a foot from the engine. If you look at your hull bottom and transom, you can easily figure out a good spot.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I believe you mean Thru Hull. There are some threads on here, that helped me. I have Thru Hulls, but also have a Transom Mount. One recommendation on here was SternMate. I used that mount process on the base and it is solid. After 2 years in the water, I found the only issue is the outer piece needed the bolts replaced.

Sailfish

Reaction score
If you have a through hull transducer there are two mounting flats aft of the fuel tank under the aft bench seat. They intended to be used to mount the transducer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the thru hull or shoot thru personally. The transom mounts are not as solid and prone to damage due to location.

Mack_attack28

Reaction score
If you have a through hull transducer there are two mounting flats aft of the fuel tank under the aft bench seat. They intended to be used to mount the transducer.
How long are these flats on the hull? Is there enough for a 13 inch fairing block with the transducer? My boat is in the water and I can only see the top.