305Exp Genset

Talewind VII

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Last summer I purchased an '07 305 Exp. knowing the genset, an '07 Fisher-Panda (single cylinder, 4-stroke Farymann diesel), was not working. The original diagnosis was the starter which was completely rebuilt, but still no success. Now the leading suspect is the exhaust valve which has robbed the engine of its necessary compression. Otherwise it seems in good shape.
However, partly due to the difficulty in finding spare parts, and partly due to the "non-generator-quiet" expected in many anchorages nowadays, I have decided to pull the genset, at least for the time being, and make other arrangements for the 110v appliances on board.
Therefore, if anybody out there has come to a different conclusion than I did, and is interested in some spare genset parts, this may be a good opportunity for you. Let me know...!
F

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I'm not sure of your location but I could probably make some use of the parts. I'm near Portland, OR.

I was having issues until I adjusted my valves. Easy to do and it also can mess with compression if out of spec.

Talewind VII

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Hello "No Bail" - I like your pseudonym for reasons I am happy to explain another day! I am in Delta (southern suburb of Vancouver, BC). The Genset is with the boat in the Victoria area. Other than this issue, it seems to be in good order. At ~ 350#, I have no idea what shipping to Portland would cost, but let me know if you are interested...? Thanks, Fraser