330 water in the bildge

Ajon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Can’t tell if it rain water filling bildge or seeping in thru somewhere, getting half way up the transducers but not enough to trip the float switches. Anyone seen this in theirs?

Reactions: Jim L.

ACV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I had that and it was the fresh water shower hose leaking slowly when pressurized. Making its way into the bilge I think.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
There are a couple of places where water will reach the bilge without anything 'wrong' with the boat. rain water on the deck will find it's way through the rear access panel for the generator is primary. It then will flow forward to the lowest spot in the hull. As ACV mentioned, the fresh water system can also leak in various places. I had an issue under the cockpit sink, requiring a new line - the windshield washer is also prone to leaks. Drain the fresh water system and see if the problem still exists after the next rain.

ACV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
As long as it isn’t salt water!! Then it’s just a matter of checking each bit of equipment one at a time and eliminating what isn’t leaking.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
if you keep the boat in salt water, taste it (and of course, spit it out). then you will know if it is leaking below the waterline, or if its rain water

georgemjr

Reaction score
Absolutely common, rain water making its way in. Just look at the level before the next rain and after. If it goes up (which it will) its rain water.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Have you checked your deck drain hoses? They are notorious for rotting out and also for being rather difficult to change out. But if they are leaking you definitely want to address. There are a few threads on here on how to do it -- my marine cut access plates on the transom.