anyone install a thu-hull for washdown in a 208

rmf4grady

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
? Looks like the bottom of the hull isn't flat enough to put one in

seasick

Reaction score
Are you referring to the water inlet for a washdown system?
If so, the factory fitting is a bronze scoop style. Google that and you will find the Groco parts.
On my 208 there are two of these types of hull fitting, once on either side of the keel line and about as far aft as reasonable. One scoop is for livewell water and the other is for raw water washdown. Both have seacocks .

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There will be plenty of spots to install - it's a very normal thing to install on a boat... all types of boats, for that matter. It doesn't have to e PERFECTLY flat, though. Drill, seal, install.. go boating.

Given there are so many spots that it can be successfully installed, maybe you can post a pic of what you're talking about?

Reactions: igblack87

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Pics of the bottom of my 208. As Seasick mentions, I also have 2 thru hulls on my boat, one for the bait tank the other for raw water washdown. They are located at the same location on both sides of the boat.

1727887709146.png

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Pics of the bottom of my 208. As Seasick mentions, I also have 2 thru hulls on my boat, one for the bait tank the other for raw water washdown. They are located at the same location on both sides of the boat.

View attachment 35299

This is exactly where mine are too. Two of them, one on each side of the keel near the transom, accessible internally via the inspection ports in the splash well.

rmf4grady

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
ok thanks. i will take a look at those location. I was going to use the thru-hull I see in the pic just didnt want to put anything in before checking here first.

Thanks again

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Just make sure you put the slots facing forward:)
My pickups are side-by-side in aft compartment. Note that I drilled three 3/8" holes in the back of both of them.

Lots of problems with Rule 405FC 1100 GPH bait pumps. 3-year warranty plus West will extend it or replace it. Too much pressure on cheap pump seal intruding motor. Plus broken impeller shafts. Took two years and 8 pumps before the engineers told me to drill the holes after I ask them if I should do it! I'm down to burning up one pump a Season usually from grass clog.

Also had problems on a bigger boat air locking the pump when backing down. Killing all my bait! The rear holes would have prevented that.

Attachments

• GT51M-TH2.jpeg
    GT51M-TH2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
My pickups are side-by-side in alt compartment. Note that I drilled three 3/8" holes in the back of both of them.

Lots of problems with Rule 405FC 1100 GPH bait pumps. 3-year warranty plus West will extend it or replace it. Too much pressure on cheap pump seal intruding motor. Plus broken impeller shafts. Took two years and 8 pumps before the engineers told me to drill the holes after I ask them if I should do it! I'm down to burning up one pump a Season usually from grass clog.

Also had problems on a bigger boat air locking the pump when backing down. Killing all my bait! The rear holes would have prevented that.
I also drilled several holes on the back of the pickup.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander