Bait Tank is Leaking

CHULA22

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I have a 2020 Grady-White Canyon 271 that is leaking from top Stern Live Well bait tank? Any advise how to stop the leak? I really appreciate it.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I am not familiar with this boat. Not sure exactly what that means. Leaking with the lid down? Is the drain clogged?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yes, a better description of exactly what is leaking will help. If it's the actual tank, is it plastic? Since baitwell tanks don't completely fill and aren't under pressure, this must be a quite large crack for water to be simply splashing out of.

Last edited:

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I have a 2022 canyon 271 the bait well will fill all the way up. there is an overflow at the top make sure it is not plugged. The bait well is fiberglass I doubt it is leaking. Also if you run with the ball valve open it will fill up.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Running the boat with pump on or off will cause the tank to overflow. Should have a check valve IMHO but it is what it is. If not draining fast enough, try snaking the line. Could cut down the return pipe a bit too to get it to start draining at a lower level. Not too much or you'll hamper performance of the baitwell and longevity of the bait.