Bennett Trim Tabs Lights

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have an Express 330 2008. On the console the left trim tab indicator shows a green light at the very top. When I adjust the tabs the light stays on. Not sure what it is telling me. Tabs seem to work ok. Any thoughts?

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
My bennet trim tabs do not have green lights but yellow-ish when everything is retracted (lights are always on), when I tab down, i get red lights to show indication of where the tab is and which side (port or starboard).

Can you post a picture, that would be helpful!

Coastboater

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You may need to calibrate the lights. I had to do that. There’s a simple procedure you can find on YT. Offhand, press two buttons simultaneously to put it in calibration mode, then move the tabs to full down position, then full up position. The lights then are coordinated to the actual tab position.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
You may need to calibrate the lights. I had to do that. There’s a simple procedure you can find on YT. Offhand, press two buttons simultaneously to put it in calibration mode, then move the tabs to full down position, then full up position. The lights then are coordinated to the actual tab position.
Is there a difference between hydraulic vs. electric tabs?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Find the installation or users manual on line for your model. That will spell out the process. Otherwise, you are just guessing!

Reactions: igblack87

Coastboater

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It may seem inconsequential, but if the tabs are retracted and the controller doesn’t get the signal that one and/or both tabs are fully retracted it keeps the pump running until it times out, creating unnecessary wear and tear.
I had it happen to my boat early this season when even though both tabs were retracted all the way I still had one led lit. It remained lit if manually retracting or pushing the “All Up” button or when powering the boat down and going through the auto-retract function.
Going through the calibration fixed it.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
While we are on the topic of trim tabs. A & J Outdoors is a forum member and recently posted his experience replacing the motor for his hydraulic tabs....pretty good!