Captain Grady iPad app

Twist

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I'm a new Grady White owner and I keep running across references to an iPad app called Captain Grady that I can't find anywhere on the Apple App Store. There's a web site with that name but no app that I can find. What am I missing?

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm a new Grady White owner and I keep running across references to an iPad app called Captain Grady that I can't find anywhere on the Apple App Store. There's a web site with that name but no app that I can find. What am I missing?
I went through same process after purchasing a new 2024 Grady 215 Freedom. Turns out Grady White co. No longer pays to support the Captain Grady App…ie: Itis no longer available.

Reactions: Timcan

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Try using Garmin's Active Captain app.Garmin makes the CL engine display/controls.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks..do you have to purchase the app or is it free?
The app is free. I use it primarily for updating my Garmin chartplotter and mapping. I have not tested it with the Yamaha units. Let us know how it works out.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I looked at the Captain Grady app on GW site. Looks like they have an app that is for information like owners manuals and posting.

Twist

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I ended up downloading all the documentation from GW that was packaged specific for my boat and put it on an iPad that I keep on the boat. If there's an actual app, I can't find it anywhere but the Captain Grady web page is pretty useful.

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I ended up downloading all the documentation from GW that was packaged specific for my boat and put it on an iPad that I keep on the boat. If there's an actual app, I can't find it anywhere but the Captain Grady web page is pretty useful.
Yes, there is no longer an app, I called both Apple and Grady White…..the original App did all kinds of navigation including chart plotting and engine monitoring.

Twist

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Yes, there is no longer an app, I called both Apple and Grady White…..the original App did all kinds of navigation including chart plotting and engine monitoring.
Well, as a new GW owner, it sure looks to me like there's an app. It's all over their web site and instructional videos still which resulted in me running out to Costco and picking up a cheap iPad for the boat. Kinda irresponsible for them to discontinue the app but leave all that fancy feel good stuff about it on their web pages.

I just clicked on this link where yesterday I was watching the videos about the app and today it says the links are private. Maybe they're just catching on to this glitch in the GW matrix.