cranking battery or other battery?

fishgitter

Reaction score
When installing fishfinder and vhf, do i wire it to my battery that cranks the outboard (only battery currently on boat) or do I wire it to its own battery?

mboyatt

Reaction score
I currently own a 192 Tournament that only has 1 battery. My stereo, VHF, and fish finder are all wired to the fuse panel located in front of the helm in the starboard storage area. It is the stock fuse panel that came with the boat. The panel is wired directly to my battery. I was thinking about installing a house battery, but I have other projects that are more pressing. The single battery has worked for me thus far, but then again, I don't jam on the stereo for 2 hours while the engine is off. :D

mboyatt

Reaction score
By the way, I assume your Grady also has a master fuse panel. I think you would be fine wiring the electronics to that main panel. Just make sure you also connect your ground wires to the grounding block on the panel.

fishgitter

Reaction score
Awesome! This is exactly what I needed to know. New radio came in today, already grabbed a new antenna that is mounted up (had an existing metal mount on the gunwale). I will tackle the wiring tomorrow if it finally stops raining. I swear we had no rain for months until I took delivery of this new to me Tournament....