Deck pump out cap 330

Jkrs1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 2005 Grady White. I had not had to pump out the holding tank in quite some time (years) and then when i had to do it recently the cap would not unscrew. So i had to crack it loose with hammer and screw driver to get it off. Now I'm trying to find a new one but everyone that i've bought does not fit tight. Either size is wrong or threads are off. Anyone have suggestions where i would find the correct one?

seasick

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue. The cap was not the whole issue, the threads in the deck fitting also had corroded. The fix was to replace the entire fitting

Jkrs1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I've had a similar issue. The cap was not the whole issue, the threads in the deck fitting also had corroded. The fix was to replace the entire fitting
I suspect you're right.. where did you find the fitting? How hard was it to replace?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You can clean the threads up and re-use it... coat them with something like Perfect Seal (by Mercury) or Tef-Gel and that will keep future corrosion at bay. And/or... even if you're not doing pump-outs too often, make it part of your monthly maintenance to remove the cap - some simple grease would work well in this case.

Moving to a plastic cap would help, too.

Reactions: Jkrs1234

seasick

Reaction score
In my case the cap threads had been eaten away in some areas as were some threads in the gunnel fitting itself.
I was not able to find an exact replacement but it fit the existing hole. The challenge is having enough access to undo the hose which may be hard to undo since it may be old and stiff and stuck to the barbed fitting. Each boat is different.