Drain stoppers for fish box & ice chest

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Yall,
This summer I was in the Keys and I lost one of those rubber stoppers you insert into the overboard drains in the ice chest fish box on the boat. I went to the Grady dealer in Islamorada and they didn't carry that style . I have been to Lowes as well.

So, in mid 2000s Gradys they used a tapered rubber stopper in those drains. I can't seem to find a source for them. The Grady dealer sold me a smaller screw type stopper with a looped handle . They are too big. Do any of you have a source for these stoppers? It's not mission critical at the moment but I would like to replace them before next spring. Thanks
Bobby

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Mcmaster Carr online? That place is like a candy store for stuff like this :)

Also... Google "baitwell plug". The kind I'm thinking of has a flip down handle to enlarge the rubber and secure the rubber. Would that work? Lot's of marine stores carry that.

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Probably not what you want,
but meanwhile you could use a few wraps of rubber splicing tape around the too small plug, did this several times and it worked reasonable well.
I am looking for two plugs for the bow fishboxes and i'm stuck with the same problem but did not searched enough.
Chris