Electric lounge seat

joncummins

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
I am trying to source the linear actuator and/or shaft that extends the lounge seat on the port side of my 2008 Tournament 275.
The linear actuator is made by Linak. It appears the shaft with the worm gear screw is seized.
Grady said they don't make it and Linak only responds to OEM's. Any ideas how to source parts?

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If it is really beyond your abilities to disassemble and rehab it, take it to a private precision machine shop and have them take it apart and make it whole again.

joncummins

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
If it is really beyond your abilities to disassemble and rehab it, take it to a private precision machine shop and have them take it apart and make it whole again.
Not sure if it is beyond my abilities or not. It seems like the shaft is seized. The motor moves slightly back and forth. I have not tried to take it out yet. GW was a huge help telling me how to get the seat out manually when it was stuck closed.

fe1861

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Hi, did you ever succeed in sourcing a replacement? I have the same boat, same problem. Thx

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Usually if they seize all you need to do is to free it up bath it in a penetrating oil bath and scrub with heavy duty brush or artificial steel wool etc. but not steel as it would easily "shed" and that rusts immediately.
As long as the motor is working the screw can most of the time be easily fixed as long as you can reach it and get it out.

That's why I don't like these motorized gizmos that now appear on everything from seats, bunks, sunshades to steering.........

good luck with it

H

Mzeoli

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Hi, did you ever succeed in sourcing a replacement? I have the same boat, same problem. Thx
Me too but I can't figure how to access where the motor is. How did you disassemble your seat to see the motor?

Mzeoli

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
I am trying to source the linear actuator and/or shaft that extends the lounge seat on the port side of my 2008 Tournament 275.
The linear actuator is made by Linak. It appears the shaft with the worm gear screw is seized.
Grady said they don't make it and Linak only responds to OEM's. Any ideas how to source parts?
How do you disassemble the seat to access the motor worm gear? Have same boat same year same problem. TIA

just4plaay

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
I'm curious if anyone ever found a replacement linear actuator for the passenger lounge seat. After pulling mine out I got it to work for about a week then it stopped working again. At this point I'm debating ordering a brand new linear actuator or just removing it entirely, adding a couple of slide latches to lock it in either in or out position and move it manually. Anyone who has taken one apart knows how difficult it is to get the springs back in correctly.

That said I did quickly find a replacement electric base for the driver seat from Great Lakes Skipper. Boat part number 1103799 is a new electric seat slide from Garelick. At least I can keep the power slide seat at the helm even if I never get the passenger seat working again.