Electronic hatch lifter

cnowery13

Reaction score
I have a 2006 273 Chase. I’ve replaced the electric hatch lifters where the fish finder / GPS is twice now…. The lifter seems like massive overkill for the weight it actually lifts. The hatch itself and two Garmin units are pretty light. Anybody find a different solution for this?

The replacement Uflex AV L 3012 is a $700 lifter! last one is only a couple of years old and just quit. Unfortunately it renders the boat pretty useless when I can’t access my nav and depth screens…

what have you guys done? I’ve seen this same power hatch on a lot of Grady’s. There has to be a better lifter…

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Maybe a different lifter, but my 330 express lifter has been operating fine since 2011. Make sure you do not run it to the extremes as it will often jam. I also spray the lift arm down with silicon every few years.

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I believe the new to me 306 Canyon have the original one from 2011 and i believe too that it's not a Uflex.
Yes, the Uflex AV L 3012 is about 680€ here in Italy so your price in US is about correct.
UFlex / Ultraflex is a 1935 founded Italian company and i should be proud of them,
but it is my experience with their products - in particular their 2000-2010 cable and hydraulic steering systems - that they are far from other brands, Teleflex and Seastar for example.

I will go later to the boat and verify that and let you know what kind of actuator i have installed.

Chris

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Check the switches as well. There may be a wiring gremlin in them. I was pleasantly surprised when my broken lifter was not broken at all, but had a bad switch. If they are burning out, there may be a wiring issue.

HMBJack

Reaction score
I agree with Kirk (above).

Years ago, I think I replaced the motor when the issue was the wiring to the switch.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That looks similar to the one on my 330 from memory.

If you can access the power leads, connect them directly to a battery and test. To make it move in the other direction, swap the polarity.