Electronics wires for 226??? HELP!!

Charlies Charters

Reaction score
My 226 Has the wires for the yamaha gauges vhf radio and depth finder coming in from the top right hand side of the electronics box [as your looking at it from the helm] The problem is that they seem realy tight between the plastic trim and the side of the walk around. I for the life of me could not figure a way the got any wires thru there. I ended up putting on some split duct to protecy the wires. Does anyone else have this issue and where does your wires come from on your own 226 or 228???

Thanks in advance

Charlie

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
In the bottom of the e-box are two drain tubes. When I had my 226, I removed the drain tube to the port side and enlarged the hole. I was then able to bring my transducer and power wires up to the GPS/FF. If you have your VHF in the box, you can bring power and/or the antenna to it from there as well.

If you have the hardtop, the tubing hole is open behind the gauge panel. When you remove the panel, you can have easy access to the wiring headed up to the upper e-box. I was able to pass the NMEA wires between the top of the cavity behind the gauge panel and into the lower e-box, then connect them to the buss bar behind the GPS.

Here is what it looked like when I had the 337 (I subsequently upgraded to a 111 and put a flush panel in, but the wiring behind the panel was the same.

S3500364-copy.jpg

S3500001-copy.jpg

Charlies Charters

Reaction score
Just came in from the boat and saw the tube you mentioned. That looks like the way to go. I am going with the Northstar m-84 and thinking of the flush mount like you have....That looks great thanks for the reply!!

Charlie