Fill space from previous radio

acg123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
I have a 2006 Tournament 205. First Grady I've owned after 3 Boston Whalers. Great boat, and gets a lot of use. This summer I replaced the 2 unit radio with a new Fusion. The old radio had a standard DIN sized unit on left of helm station (dual console boat), and also a small control unit on the dash. I enlarged the hole for the small control unit so the Fusion unit is on the dash, but now I have a DIN sized hole to deal with on the walkway area. I thought I could find a storage bin or something similar that could fill the hole and be used to store keys, wallet, cell, etc. I've struck out. I can't make it much larger, as anything much larger than a single or double DIN box would interfere with the storage drawer that's under the steering wheel. I did find New Wire Marine will make a custom size, which I was reach to order, but it only comes in White! So I had to cancel. Anyone have experience in finding a Grady off-white (or Seafoam) color filler box for this type of a project? I've also be ok with a coaming box with net, but again, nothing I can find online will fit the size.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
id call New Wire and ask them if its a paintable plastic. then paint it yourself. or see if a local car tint place can do a vinyl wrap on the front of it for you.

Last edited: