Filling marine head reservoir, 2024 Freedom 235

M1ke

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Hi all. The manual for this boat is lacking so much info- where is the filling port for the marine head on the Freedom 235? Thanks!

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I've had my 235 for over a year and still don't know how to use the head. Nothing online, nothing in the paperwork...you would think there would be detailed step by step instructions in the Capt Grady app. It's like it's a secret or something.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Over the years, there are multiple styles of marine heads that have been used. It's hard to help if we don't know what you have. What specific style do you have?

Or... ask the person that sold you the boat? Didn't they give you an orientation?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
The marine head is most likely filled with saltwater at the time of use. If so, there is a lever for opening the seacock to allow water in (close after use).

Is you head manual or electric? If electric, I wrote up, printed and laminated a "How To" that I posted above the head for guests to read/use. I am happy to email it to you.

Also, it could likely be adapted for non-electric heads.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
The following are the instructions I wrote up for my head. I think you can use them to figure out how to use your head and then re-rite them to adapt it to the your head. I provide black sealable pouches in the event something other than human waste or marine TP needs to be disposed of. I add head treatment to the waste tank (see image further below).

My written instructions:

Do not put any products other than the supplied toilet paper in the toilet!

If you need to dispose of something, please use one of the black sealable pouches that can be found in the black storage netting above the sink.

How to use the toilet:

• Open the hatch below the mirror.
  • Lift/pull-up the lever with the black ball nearest the hatch to open the water source.
  • Close hatch (optional).
  • Fill the toilet by turning the control knob to the right of the toilet “clockwise”.
  • Use toilet as normal.
  • Flush the toilet by turning the control knob “clockwise” again until the toilet is cleared.
  • Turn the control knob “counterclockwise” until most/all of the water is removed from the toilet.
  • Open hatch below mirror (if it was closed per Step 3 above).
  • Push down the lever with the black ball (same as in Step 2 above) nearest the hatch to close the water source.
  • Close hatch.

1720178326764.png

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I seriously doubt that a 2024 freedom has a saltwater head. If it does, the sea cock should be obvious when the boat is on the trailer, located somewhere mid ships under the head area. Not to be confused with the discharge seacock, if you have overboard discharge