For Sale: Reduced 2005 Grady White Gulfstream 232

generalee

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After a number of years of trouble free enjoyment, it is time to sell our Grady White Gulfstream. It was repowered in 2017 with a new 300 hp Yamaha engine. Currently 250 hours on the engine. That engine made a significant difference in the power and cruising RPM. Fuel economy ranges from 2.1 to 2.4 mpg @ 4200 RPM and approx. 30 to 32 mph depending on load and seas. Such an improvement over the previous 250 hp engine. Price includes a 2005 Magic Tilt aluminum trailer. The trailer is suitable for local use. Will need brakes and tires to ready it for long hauls. I kept the boat in rack storage and used the trailer for storm relocation of the boat. The feature and accessory list is long. Here are of a few of the options:
148 gallon fuel capacity
hardtop with rocket launcher rod holders
full canvas enclosure for area under hardtop
auxillary berth cushions for cabin
stero system
swim platform with ladder
fresh water tank (10 gal.) w/ pump for water @ cabin sink & transom cockpit shower
seawater washdown
portable head
Lowrance HDS 8, Gen 2 GPS & Depth
Dual batteries w/ select switch
Owners Manual for engine & boat
Delux Helm Chair

Price $ 54,950.

Call Eddie @ 706-302-6003 or email resjr1@gmail.com if you are interested.
Boat and Trailer are located at Alligator Point, FL 32346

Attachments

• GW2.jpg
    GW2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 194
  • GW9.jpg
    GW9.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • GW10.jpg
    GW10.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
  • GW13.jpg
    GW13.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 177
  • GW3.jpg
    GW3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
  • GW4.jpg
    GW4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
  • GW7.jpg
    GW7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • GW11.jpg
    GW11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • GW6.jpg
    GW6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • GW14.jpg
    GW14.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Reactions: chuck257 and Denko

Fishtales

Reaction score
looks very clean and well cared for. should sell quick.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Price Reduction before listing with broker !
Looks like someone has stolen your pics and advertising it as a sunk boat and parting it out. Definitely your boat,, matched some of the pics on both adds.

• Wow
Reactions: generalee

generalee

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks like someone has stolen your pics and advertising it as a sunk boat and parting it out. Definitely your boat,, matched some of the pics on both adds.

I will take the theft of the pictures as a compliment !!!

generalee

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks, I have had it for sale for a while now. Listed it with a broker. From what I conclude, my price is a bit high relative to competing boats.
I would agree. I also don't think that it helps having all of the other competition out there currently as well as the location you're selling the boat in. At the moment, there's 26 Grady White 232 Gulfstream's on Boat Trader for sale overall, 17 of which are from the years 1998-2012 as well as 10 of those being from the years 2002-2006. The competition doesn't help, and imo nor does your selling location in that if you were up here in the PNW/Seattle region, the boat would've sold already at that price and would likely be worth $65k-$70k or more. Either way, good luck with sale.

Last edited:

Taribor

Reaction score
Anyone have experience shipping a boat? Just wondering ballpark how much something like that cost to ship to a CA Marina.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Anyone have experience shipping a boat? Just wondering ballpark how much something like that cost to ship to a CA Marina.
I’ve never shipped a boat before but know of several that have. I’ve also purchased 3 boats out on the east coast in Maryland and trailered them all back out to just north of Seattle where I live. Each time I did so, I checked with UShip to see what they would charge to do the job for me and each time it was at least $1.50-$3.00 per mile. Quotes would be from the low/mid $4k range on up to over $8k. Which is one of the many reasons why I’ve done the trek each time by myself as opposed to having the boat shipped to me. Every time I’ve checked, it was considerably more to have it shipped out here than what it would cost for me to do it myself. That, and the timing was always off in that it would take generally 2-3 weeks just for them to get to my boat and then typically another week for them to get the boat out to me.

Between the cost and the time it took them to deliver the boat, I gladly did it myself instead. On top of that, there was always the issue or consideration of what would happen if there was an accident or issue along the way? One member on here, I forget which, had a shipping company deliver his boat for him during the wintertime, of which the shipper was driving it during a snowstorm, flipped and rolled the boat, and it was just an absolute disaster for him. My neighbor up at my beach cabin also had his GW shipped out here from Florida and the shipper hit a tree branch a mere couple miles from his house. It ripped off the radar from the hardtop and did several thousand dollars worth of damage, of which the shipper paid for part of it, but he was still money out of pocket because of the incident. To me, and this is just my opinion, but there are too many variables and issues with potentially having a shipping company do the job for me. Between that, the cost and the amount of time it took them, I gladly did the jobs myself knowing I’d get them done safely as well as quickly. Depending on where the boat is in Florida and where at in California you are, that’s going to be close to, if not more than 3k miles away. Of which again, I imagine they’re going to charge a minimum of $1.50 per mile, if not maybe even $2.00-$3.00 per mile during summer which is the peak season. Which would put you at I’m guessing $6k+.

Taribor

Reaction score
Thanks. Anything smaller I'd have zero issue making that drive but the beam on a gulfstream gives me some pause with regard to permits, but I am admittedly ignorant on that.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks. Anything smaller I'd have zero issue making that drive but the beam on a gulfstream gives me some pause with regard to permits, but I am admittedly ignorant on that.
One of the other members on here, I again forget which one of the top of my head, bought a 232 Gulfstream in Florida, rented a U-Haul truck and trailered it back to California. It can and has been done before, though it is definitely a little more challenging with the wider beam.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Found him… Long Haul was the one who did the trek. Might consider reaching out to him if you have any questions specifically about trailering a 232 Gulfstream across the country.

IMG_5202.png

Long Haul

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I took the risk and did not get permits. I looked into it but decided to take the risk without them. The beam itself wasn’t an issue, the combined sail effect from the uhaul box and the 232 made the trip exciting…

I would do it again for the right deal. Towing the 232 with the uhaul was fine at speeds up to 65mph or so. Texas was tough as the truckers would blow by me and their wind gust would push me into the shoulder. Had to watch for them coming and veer into them as they passed fight their windstream. Lessons learned:
- put brand new tires on the trailer regardless of age.
- redo all of the hubs and brakes before the trip.
- bring 2 replacement hub kits and all the tools needed for a roadside fix.
- bring a friend….

sturgstev

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I bought a used 228 about ten years ago in July and the boat dealer arranged for shipping and all went well from NY to Northern Ca.

They drove a pick-up to make the drive.

Took them less than a week to make it across and it cost about $ 4,000.

steve

Taribor

Reaction score
Thanks, Steve. I'm in NorCal as well...a lot of great looking boats back east. Getting them here is another story i guess.