Gas tank question. Need help pleas

optimajon

Reaction score
I was putting gas in my tank when a sticker came off the can and went down the gas line!
It’s a 2015 232 . Is there a screen between the filler cap and the tank?
Im not sure what to do

seasick

Reaction score
I was putting gas in my tank when a sticker came off the can and went down the gas line!
It’s a 2015 232 . Is there a screen between the filler cap and the tank?
Im not sure what to do
There may be a device that blocks siphoning gas using a hose.
If the tank is still able to fuel normally, the fill hose is not an issue. The risk is that the foreign material may get sucked up against the pickup tube end which may have a screen on it.
Unless you notice symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. It will either sit on the bottom of the tank or it may dissolve.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
There may be a device that blocks siphoning gas using a hose.
If the tank is still able to fuel normally, the fill hose is not an issue. The risk is that the foreign material may get sucked up against the pickup tube end which may have a screen on it.
Unless you notice symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. It will either sit on the bottom of the tank or it may dissolve.
Agreed. Relax and enjoy the boat. "If it's going to happen it will happen out there!".

Reactions: SkunkBoat

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I can't imagine that it didn't make it's way into the tank - especially if you kept filling up after it went in the hole.

About the only thing you can do is to remove the sender and see if you can fish it out.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
does the can have another sticker on it? if so, take it off and see if it floats in a cup of fuel (make sure to poke it under and swirl it). if it floats, as much as id hate to, i would probably just leave it. if it sinks, i might look into trying to fish it out so it doesnt block a pick up tube.