Grady White 330express

zzzingpow

Reaction score
Any photos of a GW330 with a tuna tower?
Pro's or con's. Dual station? Foldable maybe...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_090642_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241001_090642_Facebook.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 18

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I checked out one for sale here in Sardinia, but deleted the photos, but a short search found this one in NJ.
https://it.boats.com/barche-a-motore/2014-grady-white-express-330-9467287/

A tower is certainly nice to have and very useful if you do a lot of trolling, i spent years and years up in the tower captaining.
Not sure if a foldable tower would be feasible, the 330 Express is a big and rather high boat so not really simple to trailer.
I believe that she will live happier in a marina, and you too as i know very well how my life changed from whan i have first my 30ft RIB and now my 306 Canyon fully loaded and ready to go in a marina.

Absolutely dual station, the extra cost for the second station still makes it worth to be able to steer from above, either for trolling but it's also priceless to drive home during sunset.

Back draws:
  • trailering difficult, more than without tower
  • best would be a safe, nearby marina what is costly and probably difficult to find
  • more piping to clean and stay behind
  • you need a cover for controls and electronics, soft cover works fine if not very windy
  • more costs to add a second station, for engine controls and at least one MFD
  • the long, spreader kind of outriggers are a PITA to clean , rig and transport
  • climbing up and down need a bit of attention to not fall down, good knees and generally being fit
  • the outriggers reduce the space to move to bow a bit

Chris