Grady White 360 took on fresh water

rsa999

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Greetings

I’m looking at purchasing a 2005 Grady White 360 express. Per the seller, the boat took on water (fresh water that is) because while it was connected to fresh water hose at the dock, one of the fittings (for cockpit freshwater hose) became loose, and the boat filled with fresh water, to a point where the bilge pumps ran out of battery and water filled up the whole bilge area. Water came into the cabin and filled up about 1/2 foot. The boat listed to port side, but engines were not submerged. Seller says they realized the issue the next day and the water was pumped out right away. In total, the bilge was full of fresh water for about two days. After that they drained everything out, dried it (not sure how???) and replaced the wiring and all the pumps.
My main concern is any permanent damage, including moisture, it might have caused to the core/stringers and fiberglass: can i trust this hull knowing that the whole bilge was filled up with water? I’m having a surveyor do his thing and do the moisture reading, but I’m not sure if i can sleep at night knowing that this boat might never be the same due to taking on water. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

gradyguy04

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
i would take the recommendation of a GOOD surveyor...

Fishtales

Reaction score
Survey is a must. Likely some water penetration in the coring in spots. You need a great deal and some info.