Grady White Seats and Pedestals

A

Anonymous

I just purchased a 1995 Spirit 175. The boat was left at a marina for years and someone stole the seats and but left the pedestals. I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions for the original seats or could suggest a good seat. The boat will be used in the Chesapeake Bay area and it is my first Grady. I own a bass boat but this is a new experience.

Thanks for any help

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are the pedestals smooth or ribbed? The smooth ones are generally 2 7/8" and are universal to most seat mounts. I bought a pare of Wise ladderback seats for about $170, and had added the swivel/slider mounts for $125.

pilotart

Reaction score
GW 175 Spirit Seat

I have a 1991 Spirit 175

The seats are 18.5" wide and 17.5" deep

They are 20" tall and fore/aft slider is about 5"

There are snap on leatherette cushions seat and back.

At the top, above the cushion, there is a nice hand hold and that would be worthwhile to have on your replacement seats.

It is possible for them to touch on swivel depending on aft adjustment and relative facing angle.

My pedestals are smooth, about 9.5" at base and 15" tall, the diameter looks like a little less than 2.5", so take that measure before purchase.

I had not seen your pre-purchase inquiry in time, but we like the Spirit. A little wet in a chop, but very stable and solid.

Came with a Yamaha 90 and I removed port Battery and installed a BF100S Honda '10hp' on the transom for a 'kicker'.

She has been on backyard Davits in SW Florida since new and only 'weak point' might be the wiring, but that would be expected.

Enjoy your little Grady. :)

Zig

Reaction score
Grady pedestal seats...1990's

The exact OEM match for your original pedestal seats is a Wise Pilot Chair, part# WD015. A quick search online shows entire package of seat, slider, post, and cushions availble for as little as $159.99. Good Luck !!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help. As I said, I'm new to salt water boats and fishing. I've done a little while stationed in the military in Alaska and Washington State but always someone else's boat. I'm looking foward to owning and using the Grady. I pick it up from the Marina this weekend and hopefully get everything ready for a test run the following weekend. I'll post photos at that time.