GW Seafarer Live Well Configuration

jmoneilthe2

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My water pump is configured to run my wash down or my live well. My Port side live well has a hose going to the pump from a T. My Starboard side live well is fed by a water line coming from the Port side. The previous own dis-mantled everything and I'm try to understand how I connect both wells together.
There is a water line running from the Starboard to the Port side and there is a filter in between. I have a photo. I'm trying figure out how to get both wells fed by the pump...or should I be feeding both wells with one pump?
Any help would be great. John

Attachments

• IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 8

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Let's start with a few basic questions, which would be what year of Seafarer do you have and is it the 226 or the 228 Seafarer? Because yes, there are big differences between the two models. I've got a 2004 GW 228 Seafarer and it only has one livewell in the middle stern of the boat. I believe it's 20 gallons, although there are fish boxes underneath both of the rear facing "jump seats". The 226 Seafarer has an optional livewell underneath I believe it's the port side rear facing jump seat, but that's on the 226 Seafarer and it's an optional thing. I don't believe, though I could obviously be mistaken, that the Seafarer didn't come with two livewells, or at least they didn't from the factory.

jmoneilthe2

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Let's start with a few basic questions, which would be what year of Seafarer do you have and is it the 226 or the 228 Seafarer? Because yes, there are big differences between the two models. I've got a 2004 GW 228 Seafarer and it only has one livewell in the middle stern of the boat. I believe it's 20 gallons, although there are fish boxes underneath both of the rear facing "jump seats". The 226 Seafarer has an optional livewell underneath I believe it's the port side rear facing jump seat, but that's on the 226 Seafarer and it's an optional thing. I don't believe, though I could obviously be mistaken, that the Seafarer didn't come with two livewells, or at least they didn't from the factory.
1992 Seafarer 22