Have you Installed Bennett SLT10 on Spirit

ThruTraffic

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
I'm looking for information from people who have installed Bennett SLT10s on their Spirit 175 (or anyone that has the same type of transom shape).

I've spoken to Bennett about this. Can't find customer service like that almost anywhere these days. Kudos to Thomas.

It looks like there is only one place they can be installed. A spirit owner will know what I mean about location.

I've attached a photo with a red arrow pointing to the available location. (Not sure it will upload.)

Hopefully there are some Spirit owners that can tell of their experience here.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I haven't done it on that particular hull, but have done it numerous times. What specifically are you wondering about? It looks like a pretty straight forward job from what I can see. What is your port/stbd mounting distance for the hinge compared to the hinge dimension?

You can cut/rebend the ladder support and reattach it a little bit higher up - just making sure you will have clearance for the hydraulic ram.

ThruTraffic

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Are there any Spirit owners out there who have and can share their experience with SLT10s on their hull?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are there any Spirit owners out there who have and can share their experience with SLT10s on their hull?
When you say "experience", what exactly are you looking for? Self levelling tabs, whether Bennett or Nauticus have been aroudn for a long time and I've used them on lots of boats. They do exactly what they say - the fact that you have a "Spirit" really doesn't make difference here. It's just a hull... the self levelling tabs do their thing. If you're looking for faster/easier planing and helping to keep the bow from bouncing in a chop, they will work.

ThruTraffic

Reaction score
Model
Spirit

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ugh. OK, nevermind. Tried to help - guess it's not wanted.

A hull like your boat is a hull like thousands and thousands and thousands of others. It's all the same in the end.

ThruTraffic

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Where does it say in my post I was asking for help??? I AM happy there are many folks that are willing to help "when I ask for it". :)

I'm asking a simple question. I'm not looking for a trim tab discussion. I've read enough trim tab threads on here and Hull Truth to make my head spin.

Once again: Are there any Spirit owners out there who have and can share their experience with SLT10s on their hull?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Well, you must have something different in your head than what you wrote. We can only respond based on what you write.

You started by asking about installation (it's even in your title) and then based on saying "looks like there is only one place they can be installed"... which reads as though you're not sure about the install and were curious to hear from others about this. I attempted to help with that... to no avail.

There was an assumption that you also wondered how they would actually work... I attempted to help and explain that there's absolutely nothing different with your hull than any other similar sized hull out there... apparently again to no avail.

The fact that I've never installed them on your particular hull is a moot point - it's like saying "what's 234 + 433". I've never done that particular math question before, but from my experience, I know I can answer it 100%. This isn't complicated - it's a regular 'ol 17' boat and it will do for your boat the same it does for every other similar boat out there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Why, because I tried to help (based on what you wrote) but you completely dismissed it?

And then when I explained that maybe it's simply the "way" you wrote what you did that led me to try and help in the manner I did, you couldn't even see things from another's point of view? Whatever - you're only going to see things the way you want to and everyone else is wrong. Sounds more like you're 17, not 71.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm guessing probably not. The 175 Spirit appears to have been discontinued after 1997, which was almost 30 years ago, and it doesn't seem to be a very popular boat on here as it's only 17' in length. Also, per the brochure for the 1997 model year at least, it doesn't show that trim tabs were even an option. Good luck either way and hopefully one person doesn't deter you from coming back to the site here, attached is also a link to the 1997 model year brochure.

Last edited: