Looking for a decent boat cover

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Good morning. I'm looking for a decently rated boat cover that isn't going to break the bank but that will also hopefully last 5-10 years. I looked at Carver but most of those seem to be in the $800-$1,000+ range and would rather not spend that much money if I don't have to. I also looked at Empire Covers as well as Budge, and they look to be almost the same products on both sites. The more expensive of the two is $460 but both sites offer a 20% off discount putting them at right around $368. I guess my questions would be, are they a decent cover and worth the money? The "nicer" of the two covers come with a 5 year warranty, free shipping and so forth. Anyone on here have any experience with them? How do they fit? How long do they last? My old cover that came with the boat had a small tear in it that gradually increased throughout last winter to where it's no longer able to be used. I tossed it out this spring when I got the boat ready for the season and don't recall what brand it was. Anyway, this is the cover that I'm looking at, any and all opinions would be appreciated, especially those who have purchased this brand of cover in the past. Thanks!

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I've heard decent things about Fischer but I've never owned.

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Good morning. I'm looking for a decently rated boat cover that isn't going to break the bank but that will also hopefully last 5-10 years. I looked at Carver but most of those seem to be in the $800-$1,000+ range and would rather not spend that much money if I don't have to. I also looked at Empire Covers as well as Budge, and they look to be almost the same products on both sites. The more expensive of the two is $460 but both sites offer a 20% off discount putting them at right around $368. I guess my questions would be, are they a decent cover and worth the money? The "nicer" of the two covers come with a 5 year warranty, free shipping and so forth. Anyone on here have any experience with them? How do they fit? How long do they last? My old cover that came with the boat had a small tear in it that gradually increased throughout last winter to where it's no longer able to be used. I tossed it out this spring when I got the boat ready for the season and don't recall what brand it was. Anyway, this is the cover that I'm looking at, any and all opinions would be appreciated, especially those who have purchased this brand of cover in the past. Thanks!

I use Icover it's on Amazon not sure what size you need but when I got it I figured it would last 2-3 years better than wrapping. I'm on my 5th year now. Looks brand new. No issues at all QUOTE="Mustang65fbk, post: 273305, member: 27383"]

[/QUOTE]

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
7 seasons going on 8 with a carver cover. It's a little faded but overall, in good shape.

Coastboater

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Around here LaPortes is favored being local. Won’t be cheap, though.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I use a Budge cover and they last about 2 years, keep them tight so they don't pool water and they do ok. I don't trailer with mine and I would not suggest it, it is just for sun protection as it sits outside on the trailer. I'm ok replacing every 2 or so years.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I use a Budge cover and they last about 2 years, keep them tight so they don't pool water and they do ok. I don't trailer with mine and I would not suggest it, it is just for sun protection as it sits outside on the trailer. I'm ok replacing every 2 or so years.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, they look to be from what I can tell the same as Empire Covers. Their more expensive cover says it comes with a 5 year warranty, though I'm not exactly sure what that entails. Guess I'll give them a shot and see how it goes.

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I got a carver cover. good heavy material, decent fit. would have been better if I didn't have radar on the hard top but im satisfied for the cost