Marlin 300 transom rod holders

Major Woods

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I want to put rod holders on the back of the fish well/ transom area.
I have 6" of space when motors are fully up.
Anyone have rod holders back there thay will fit into this limited area?
Thanks

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks
There was a four rod rocket launcher on mine when I purchased it used. The engines will tilt all the way up without touching it. Whoever installed it used only lag bolts. I was able to access and replace 6 of the 8 lags with thru bolts and washers which is plenty in my estimation to secure it enough to troll rods from. I put my flatline rods (stand-up bent butts) in the two outer most holders and release clips out to the stainless grab rails . This keeps the lines down and out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_6989.jpeg
    IMG_6989.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6990.jpeg
    IMG_6990.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Steve Mallyon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks
I have a 2021 GW 330 Express and just had a custom fitted transom mounted baitboard and 5 rod holders set up by the local GW dealer here in Sydney

1721880495417.jpeg

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a 2021 GW 330 Express and just had a custom fitted transom mounted baitboard and 5 rod holders set up by the local GW dealer here in Sydney

View attachment 34669
Thats a nice job.
Can you open the fishbox lid?
I am thinking on how to do something like that, but i need to open the Lid 90° upwards.
I thought to have the rodholder and/or table bent more backwards sand above the outboard cowlings o that i could tilt the engines all up.
Chris

Steve Mallyon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thats a nice job.
Can you open the fishbox lid?
I am thinking on how to do something like that, but i need to open the Lid 90° upwards.
I thought to have the rodholder and/or table bent more backwards sand above the outboard cowlings o that i could tilt the engines all up.
Chris
yes the lid fully opens and the boat covers are still able to be attached to the transom. GW Dealer here is Short Marine, Middle Harbor Sydney and can probably send you the plans as they get them fabricated by an external company. Only other change was the boat naming sign on the transom was partially covered by the baitboard supports so not really a big issue.