New to Me

TJBJ

Reaction score
New to me 2005 225 with F250 TXRD 4 stroke outboard with 700 hours. I've been looking for a while and found this one which has been taken care of very well. Looking forward to getting support on the forum about various things. I believe my first fix may be faded gauges. They are visible but could be better. I have seen mention of Gauge Savers and some OEM sights as well. Also need to replace or fix the radio. Not much else that needs attention other than a bottom cleaning. I will be keeping it in a dry stack so that will prevent added fouling.
00O0O_9DiGwNALh06_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'd say welcome aboard, but it appears you've been here longer than I have. Great looking boat that appears to be in better than average condition, congratulations on the purchase.

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Also welcome! Where is home base? I have the Freedom 215 …just purchased new a week ago. Previously had a 1997 Grady 24 Voyager…..Still learning the new boat. We sail out of Marblehead..north of Boston.
Are you thinking of using the enslosure much? I have one but have not used it…would like to hear more about how you use it…Thanks Lew

TJBJ

Reaction score
I'd say welcome aboard, but it appears you've been here longer than I have. Great looking boat that appears to be in better than average condition, congratulations on the purchase.
Yes, I had a 192 Tournament years ago, so its nice to be back :)

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

TJBJ

Reaction score
Also welcome! Where is home base? I have the Freedom 215 …just purchased new a week ago. Previously had a 1997 Grady 24 Voyager…..Still learning the new boat. We sail out of Marblehead..north of Boston.
Are you thinking of using the enslosure much? I have one but have not used it…would like to hear more about how you use it…Thanks Lew
I Live in Greensboro NC, but will be Dry Stacking it at Calabash Marina at the beach. My mother in law lives in Sunset Beach and we are there quite a bit. The previous owner used the enclosure regularly and had just had all of the clear panels replaced. He took it 20-30 miles offshore fishing and also used it in colder weather. I was surprised when we test drove it with the enclosure but liked it and he said he rarely took it down. It also has the back panel and can be fully enclosed, so I expect some Fall or Winter fishing it would come in handy. I may take it down from time to time. We made the maiden voyage with it up traveling 50 miles from Carolina Beach to Calabash never going over 30 mph and it was great.

Reactions: PointedRose

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I Live in Greensboro NC, but will be Dry Stacking it at Calabash Marina at the beach. My mother in law lives in Sunset Beach and we are there quite a bit. The previous owner used the enclosure regularly and had just had all of the clear panels replaced. He took it 20-30 miles offshore fishing and also used it in colder weather. I was surprised when we test drove it with the enclosure but liked it and he said he rarely took it down. It also has the back panel and can be fully enclosed, so I expect some Fall or Winter fishing it would come in handy. I may take it down from time to time. We made the maiden voyage with it up traveling 50 miles from Carolina Beach to Calabash never going over 30 mph and it was great.
Thank you ……I think I might give it a try. Today we went for a dinner cruise to Manchester 6 miles…( no enclosure) Coming back it was windy and a bit chilly ….probably would have been better if I brought th enclosure) on the boat and put it up for a try

What were the sea conditions when you were going 30 mph. Pretty much flattish?

I Live in Greensboro NC, but will be Dry Stacking it at Calabash Marina at the beach. My mother in law lives in Sunset Beach and we are there quite a bit. The previous owner used the enclosure regularly and had just had all of the clear panels replaced. He took it 20-30 miles offshore fishing and also used it in colder weather. I was surprised when we test drove it with the enclosure but liked it and he said he rarely took it down. It also has the back panel and can be fully enclosed, so I expect some Fall or Winter fishing it would come in handy. I may take it down from time to time. We made the maiden voyage with it up traveling 50 miles from Carolina Beach to Calabash never going over 30 mph and it was

I think I will give the enclosure a try! Wow going 30 mph