Onboard battery charger

Tres Parker

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a 2022 306 Canyon and I have had to replace 2 onboard chargers so far and now it is not working again. Anyone had this problem?

Tres Parker

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Very rare! I’d be looking for other possible problems. Brand and model?
They replaced under warranty which I was very grateful for. Brand may be the problem. Pro Tournament 360 elite series (36 amp/ two bank) is brand they use.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have had that same charger in the four bank model for years now. Works great! Knock on wood! Pro tournament engineers back then recommended to me that I use a four bank version for my two parallel banks with 2 batteries in parallel for each bank. They said the charger knows the difference between two batteries in parallel and a single battery. My batteries are Deka group 31.

Tres Parker

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have had that same charger in the four bank model for years now. Works great! Knock on wood! Pro tournament engineers back then recommended to me that I use a four bank version for my two parallel banks with 2 batteries in parallel for each bank. They said the charger knows the difference between two batteries in parallel and a single battery. My batteries are Deka group 31.
Grady dealer is going to get it next month. I will mention that and thank you. Not as big a deal in summer because use the boat more often but want them tended in the winter.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just went with the promariner 3 bank charger. my stock one died after 17 years.

Reactions: Legend

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have owned several ProMariner chargers over the last 15 years. One went "dark" on me. I had chronic problems with melting the fuse holders. Fuse holder problem was so bad you could hookup shore power and grab the fuse holders and they would be hot to the touch. The latest one is a ProMariner ProSport 20 HD which has improved fuse holders and has been working fine.

Last edited:

Tres Parker

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Guys I really appreciate the input. Thank you