Pressure washer

legacykingdom

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
My old gas pressure washer motor blew a seal, leaking out all the oil.
Anybody use one of these Harbor Freight electric pressure washers for end of season hull bottom cleaning?
Is it "good enough"? Is it worth $90?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have a big dewalt/honda gas pressure washer that I used for years. Recently i have been using a small electric ryobi which seems to work fine. The smaller electric is so much easier to load unload and use. That being said when my boat gets pulled the bottom is usually in great shape.

seasick

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do to your hull. If you want to wash off slime, a small electric will be fine but if you want to blast off barnacles on the outdrive or LU , or peeling paint, you probably could use a washer with higher pressure (to a point since very high pressure washers with narrow spread nozzles can actually eat through gel coat).
The biggest difference I see with the less expensive models is how long they last (quality of materials) and to an extent the weight of the units, all else being equal. Less expensive units often have a single adjustable nozzle as opposed to multiple fixed orifices snap in nozzles

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hi,

x2 on the small electric Ryobi.

To be fair, I have little growth except around the engine brackets and very few barnacles.

I also bought a better quality rubber hose.

seasick

Reaction score
My old gas pressure washer motor blew a seal, leaking out all the oil.
Anybody use one of these Harbor Freight electric pressure washers for end of season hull bottom cleaning?
Is it "good enough"? Is it worth $90?
Was your old washer stored in an area that was subject to below freezing temps?