Problem with Speedometer, Raymarine E80, and fishfinder

Dantheman

Reaction score
I posted a question regarding my speedometer not working (Yamaha twin 150's on 06 gulfstream). I got some feedback on what the problem may be, just havent gotten around to try fixing it because of the inclement weather. But when I took the boat out yesterday for a brief spin, the GPS stopped working --- the screen is on, but it doesnt track the movement of the boat. Also, the fishfinder has problems reading the depth. It reads it for a little while and then it the screen remains on but it doesnt show the depth -- only blinking lines where the depth should be... and the speedometer is still stuck showing 27mph.... I just bought the boat last week and this is all very frustrating and unexpected. Can all the problems be related? please help. Thanks again.

lgusto

Reaction score
Dan,

I have an '05 Gulfstream with a C80 and have experienced similar problems. The yamaha speedometer issue is separate from the Raymarine issue.

When my speedometer quit (showing the same number regardless of speed) it was a simple matter of reattaching the hose/pipe that had come off the lower unit. My dealer did this for me so I'm not sure of the details.

My C80 will very infrequently "lose it's mind" and either not get a GPS fix or find the bottom with the fish finder. These problems can happen independently or together. If either problem lasts more than a minute or two I've found that shutting off all power to the C80 for a minute or so takes care of things.

I'm not sure what's the root problem. If the boat ever sits still long enough I'll have it checked out. Having too much fun right now just enjoying the boat.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Two things, the newest software upgrade has issues, if that upgrade has been downloaded it may be the problem. A guy in my marina put the upgrade on his C-80 at the beginning of the year and his radar stopped working, I don't know what else. Second, I would call the Raymarine support line. They hide the number very well in the web site, it is in your manual or your can try this number and see where it gets you 1-603-881-5200. They are only open for phone support M-F, 8-5. Good luck.