Propane Stove in 2006 Sailfish

Bigzz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 2006 28' Sailfish. When I purchased it the broker stated the propane stove in the cabin had never been used. I have been using an outside grill but would like to utilize the inside stove. I looked at the stove and it seems like a strange model. I can't even see where the propane tank would go. I know I should have taken a photo but I'm not near the boat now. Any help?

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used to have a 1999 GW Sailfish and it had a butane stove in it. Not propane. The fuel is a standard restaurant grade butane can that looks like a spray paint can and was connected under a chrome cover on the right side of the stove. The stove looked like the one in the link below and you can see on the right where the fuel would connect.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bigzz, be aware that if you use a butane appliance that the butane gas does not have a smell like propane to alert you of a buildup of the explosive gas, so be careful if you are storing that in a closed space like a cuddy cabin. It is about twice as heavy as air so it will settle into low areas and accumulate. It is considered to be indiscernible by smell to humans. Active ventilation is good.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have an 04 Sailfish and seldom use the stove top. I run it once a year and it alway fires right up. Same tank of gas since it was new. Same install as described by BG above.