Raw water pumps

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
What's your recommendation on wash down pumps? Jabsco lasted less than a year. It's now an 80 year old man pee trickle coming out of the hose. No clogs. Clean filter. Just not working weel at all. Takes about 20 mins to build pressure and shut off, used to be about 30 seconds.

seasick

Reaction score
Are you sure there are no clogs in the feed side, hull scoop, seacock etc?

The pump should last longer that a year ( it may be still under warranty).

Did you winterize it for the off season?

Reactions: Halfhitch

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I used successful on two boats the Seaflo 3 gpm from Amazon and a 5.5 gpm on my truck bed for irrigating the olive trees.
I would not hesitate to buy a third one.

Takes about 20 mins to build pressure and shut off, used to be about 30 seconds.
Well, either a clogged inlet, inlet hose or thruhull or the membrane went bad.
There is probably a service kit what would be cheaper than replacing the whole pump.
Chris

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Shurflo Blaster washdown pump. Works great. Lives in the bilge. Lasts 7 years or so. Throw them out and replace with same pump. No mounting drama - screw holes, hoses, outlet positioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: loubeer

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Are you sure there are no clogs in the feed side, hull scoop, seacock etc?

The pump should last longer that a year ( it may be still under warranty).

Did you winterize it for the off season?
I have pulled the hoses off and free flow of water from everywhere. Yes, it was winterized. I fish all winter but never opened the seacock after winterizing. I bought it from amazon. Likely not get very far on warranty.

seasick

Reaction score
I have pulled the hoses off and free flow of water from everywhere. Yes, it was winterized. I fish all winter but never opened the seacock after winterizing. I bought it from amazon. Likely not get very far on warranty.
You made me think about the seacock. I open mine for the winter to protect the inside plumbing should water somehow get into or get left in the plumbing

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I sucked a squid up into my washdown pump once. Completely contained inside the hose. As far as warranty you may be able to use it. Warranty depends on the model. 1 to 3 years. Xylem owns Jabsco. Contact them for return. They have been good to me on warranty repairs.

Last edited: