Rear back rests on 226 Seafarer

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The back rests on my 2013 Seafarer need some love. I am thinking its a good winter project. My question is how do these come off the boat? Next trip I will get a photo but the cushions in wuestion are the vertcal back rests either side of the motor well.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm not sure if they changed them up at all, but I believe the ones on my 2004 just slide on and off the inserts.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they changed them up at all, but I believe the ones on my 2004 just slide on and off the inserts.
Mine were the same. There was 2 snaps on tabs at the bottom of each back and then just slide up off the brackets.

It may be Velcro on the bottom now.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mine were the same. There was 2 snaps on tabs at the bottom of each back and then just slide up off the brackets.

It may be Velcro on the bottom now.
I'm looking at a picture of my boat without the seat backs installed and I believe there are two snaps on top of the transom to "hold them down". I say "hold them down" because they're pretty ineffective it seems like at any speeds over 25-30 mph. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to come from the factory or if they were added later on, but I don't believe there are any snaps on the bottom, though I could obviously be mistaken. I rarely ever use mine because I don't hardly ever have anyone sitting back there, or at least for an extended period of time, and I don't want them to go flying out and lose them.

IMG_5225.jpg

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, when I bought my 228, one of those backs had jumped off as the previous owner was headed for Key West. He didn't miss it till he got down there. They spent a week there and, on the way back home they stopped in Largo for some lunch. A guy walked in the restaurant carrying the seat back and said he was following him when it bounced out. He recognized the boat and rig and gave it back. A miracle. It was beat up a bit so after I bought the boat, I had it recovered. I never trailered with them in place.

You are right about the snaps on top of the transom and the opposing half is under the curved portion of the seat. I copied a later model and had tabs sewed on the bottom with snaps. I had forgotten that till you mentioned the top snaps.