Replacing Control Switch Panel and Switches

jmoneilthe2

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My 1992 GW Seafarer 22 has ten switches in a control board. They are in pretty sorry shape and I want to replace them. Do I have to identify each one to find the amperage and buy a switch that has the same amp fuse? The new switch boards I see online all look generic and would be used for what ever accessory I am powering on.
Any suggestion on this subject?
Thanks in advance. John

Attachments

• IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 13

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Switches and fuses (breakers in your case - you can see them right there) are two totally different things. The same switch can be used in conjunction with different sized fuses/breakers.

As noted above, an easy and reliable route is to have New Wire build it for you. They'll want to know what each of those breakers are rated at - so you should look at the info/spec printed on the breakers once you pull the panel out.

Reactions: jmoneilthe2

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
New wire has a panel builder on their website. Be aware that your switches are the old McGill euro oval switches. They have a smaller cutout than a Contura switch. Conturas take a little more space. If you plan out 5 across you may need to widen the cutout in the fiberglass console