Seeking Storage/Organizing Galley Ideas for 370 Express

mykidzmomnow

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Ideas for organizing 370 galley cabinets for cruising? So far, she's been just been a fisher, but I'm hopeful for Autumn cruising this year.
Thanks,
Patty

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Boat US magazine had past articles on provisioning boats for cruising. Hopefully, you can access past issues.

mykidzmomnow

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Boat US magazine had past articles on provisioning boats for cruising. Hopefully, you can access past issues.
Yes, thank you. What I have seen is specific to larger trawler / pilot house style cruisers. The 370 is much more limited in space and doors/drawers are much more narrow. Hopefully a 370 / 360 owner on here has cruised. Fingers crossed!

isurus22

Reaction score
I use lots of small clear tupperware like containers to store different items. My essentials cruising items:
Electric water pot (boils water much faster than stove), great for instant foods, oatmeal, and making cooking on the stove faster.
Mini Nespresso coffee maker.
Battery powered motion detector lights, great for the bathroom when everyone is asleep. Also when you come on the boat when electricity is off, you can see.
Memory foam as replacement for cushions or on top of cushions. Makes it much more comfortable.
Dometic fridge, freezer (cooler style) for the cockpit. I run it off an extension cord and leave on the deck.
Plastic cups, dishes, etc.
I have large bins of snacks under the v berth. Foods in one cabinet, utensils-dishes-cups in another.
I also have a table which i swap with the helm chair when we arent runnning. We tend to eat our meals at the helm area. I use the moveable electronics console to create a flat surface where i can put food.
I have a 330 express but they share a lot of the same space issues.

Reactions: loubeer

mykidzmomnow

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
Thank you, @isurus22 Please tell me more about the table you swap for the helm chair. Sounds brilliant to me.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
IMG_5942.jpegThis is the helm table for my 305 express. Fits on the seat mount, it can be spun around and has a sliding mount so it can be adjusted. It’s a solid 1-5in cherry slab. It makes the helm area so much more functional. It’s easy to swap back and forth between that and the chair as needed.

mykidzmomnow

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
View attachment 34446This is the helm table for my 305 express. Fits on the seat mount, it can be spun around and has a sliding mount so it can be adjusted. It’s a solid 1-5in cherry slab. It makes the helm area so much more functional. It’s easy to swap back and forth between that and the chair as needed.
Thank you - I am definitely lobbying for this!

Tpartridge

Reaction score
View attachment 34446This is the helm table for my 305 express. Fits on the seat mount, it can be spun around and has a sliding mount so it can be adjusted. It’s a solid 1-5in cherry slab. It makes the helm area so much more functional. It’s easy to swap back and forth between that and the chair as needed.
Nice...did you have that custom made or is it stock from somewhere?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
A fishing buddy made it.