Sunroof leaking

jducey

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
I have a 2019 370 Express and water is leaking into the headliner after rain . Any have similar issue and a fix ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is this just a standard-type hatch? It opens up and you can fix it in an open position?

Pretty normal thing to have to repair every so often... although 4 or 5 years is a little shy of the typical timeframe.

The first thing you need to do is closely inspect (possibly use a hose) where it's leaking from. Most commonly, it's the seal between the deck frame and the deck. Remove the hatch, inspect, clean, re-seal. This is usually about an hour or two job for someone that has done it a couple times.

Last edited:

jducey

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
thanks, this is the electronic sliding sunroof in the hardtop and and not a hatch .

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
thanks, this is the electronic sliding sunroof in the hardtop and and not a hatch .
Oh, it wasn't clear. I thought you were talking about the hatch above the cabin.

I haven't worked on one of those - but generally, a leak is a leak is a leak. The fix is basically the same... inspect weather seals closely... inspect sealant closely. If nothing is obvious, use a hose to simulate rain while someone is underneath watching. That should at least get you to the right area. Although you may already know this based on where the headliner is getting wet. BUT... it could like "higher up" and then travel and show up where you see it. So, take "altitude" into account.

Jfoster921

Reaction score
Have you found the leak? I have a 2015 with the exact same issue. Water leaks in and sits in the sunroof flange then when I hit a wave it splashed in at me. I have tried resealing around the sunroof and the leak persists.
it actually caused the sunroof to stop working as it rusted the channels for the sunroof.
Any ideas ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have you found the leak? I have a 2015 with the exact same issue. Water leaks in and sits in the sunroof flange then when I hit a wave it splashed in at me. I have tried resealing around the sunroof and the leak persists.
it actually caused the sunroof to stop working as it rusted the channels for the sunroof.
Any ideas ?
As I noted above, I've never worked on this exact piece, but... a couple thoughts to pass along...

-- As mentioned above, check seals
-- Does your flange/tray have drains in the corners? They may be plugged. I don't know if it has drains or not - but car sunroofs do as the seal isn't designed to 100% totally waterproof.

Reactions: JustEnough

hmorris1997

Reaction score
I have a 2019 370 Express and water is leaking into the headliner after rain . Any have similar issue and a fix ?
Did you get this fixed? I have a 2019 370 as well and sunroof is leaking. Not good as we live in rainy pnw.

Karen Ann IV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a leaking T top on my 306 Canyon 2021. Any suggestions?

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a leaking T top on my 306 Canyon 2021. Any suggestions?
Can you explain a bit better where it's leaking?
Must be a bad sealed hole from the upper part of the T-Top.
However, same here, as its a 3 year old boat, just contact your dealer or GW directly and avoid to do anything without have talked to them to not void a warranty.
Chris

Karen Ann IV

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I'm not sure where its leaking. When I open the door on the radio box the water spalshes out. It has been cauked once. Just not sure where its leaking

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I'm not sure where its leaking. When I open the door on the radio box the water spalshes out. It has been cauked once. Just not sure where its leaking
Open the electronics box door and inspect any penetrations. Have someone spray the t-top while you do this if needed. You can systematically temporarily tape over various penetrations on the top side... but the best thing is likely to remove and recaulk all penetrations. Maybe the first caulk job was not so good or a long time ago.