Water in my gas

bayson

Reaction score
'05 Gulfstream that I have water in my gas. I have a quarter of a tank in my rear 100 gal. tank and just filled my 50 gal. tank. I was flipping back and forth between tanks so not sure where the water is coming from. HEAT was recommended to remove the water. Will this work? If not what to use?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Don't use a dry gas additive! I use Sierra clear bowl filters.Run the boat and shake up the fuel in the tank. Drain filter before it gets too high. Repeat until you clean it up.

If you drop the filter dump into container, pour gas back in and top off with clean fuel. Put filter back in.

There are a lot of posts on Great Grady that cover this topic. Search "water fuel".

Sardinia306Canyon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hookup1 already wrote what to do, a fuel polishing company will probably do it better.
Last Summer when i pulled the fuel tank from my RIB the shipyard has a small polishing device to empty the tank.

What you should do is to figure out where the water comes from, a leak, condensation, hygroscopic action of ethanol fuel, contaminated fuel?

Chris