Yes

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Had nothing but trouble with Guest - absolute pure junk - wouldn't put another in if it was free.
Charles is a good charger in industrial application - I've never used in a boat.

Gmanoffshore

Reaction score
gilpri said:
Had nothing but trouble with Guest - absolute pure junk - wouldn't put another in if it was free.
Charles is a good charger in industrial application - I've never used in a boat.

I just received a Guest 10/10/10 Charge Pro and plan to install in my 268 Islander so I hope I do not have the same problems you have had.
My boat was ordered without a charger and the Guest was the only one that I could find to fit in the area Grady designed for it.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a guest. The previous owner replaced the old one with that before we took delivery of the boat. The original guest charger was not working properly so we had them replace it, and they put another guest in. Hope thisd one lasts, if not it will be replaced by a Charles. We use the Charles chargers them where I work and our electrical systems on our boats are much more complex and they work great and our owner's client's seem to like them and have good feedback on them.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I spent way to much time researching this topic last season.
After calling a few manufactures and talking with their technical teams, I went with a ProMariner 1230i

http://www.pmariner.com/productFeature. ... tNum=63331

I run four batteries (three banks). I also have a 12v fridge that I leave on all of the time to ensure cold beer. I wanted confidence that a system connected to shore power would keep my batteries topped off as needed and also be able operate as a power supply for the fridge.

It works very well.....

Tim