boarding ladder 2007 Marlin

ttles714

Reaction score
I need to get at the boarding ladder mounting bolts on 2007 Marlin ( the inboard bolts) .... It looks as though my only options are sending a 3 year old kid inside the bracket with a wrench !!! LOL or Drilling and installing an access deck plate or something along those lines. Has anyone tackled this before . Looking and crawling under and into the space I can see, but never reach, the 2 outboard mounting bolts. I can't see the inboard bolts at all .. I am pondering one of 3 cutting solutions. 1- a 4 inch deck plate on the top where the ladder folds onto .. 2- same plate on the side .. on the vertical .. ( but I think the aluminum support structure underneath will still hinder my access. ..3- drilling two 1.5 inch holes on the vertical , just opposite where I believe the nuts will be and just large enough to slip in a wrench. (then plug / repair the holes.

Attachments

• Bracket.JPG
    Bracket.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are some pics of someone that put what look to be 8" Beckson screw in deckplates in that area. I would consider that. You'll likely have to do the scupper hoses at some time in the future and if placed properly, you should be able to get to the ladder bolts as well as the hose clamps for the cockpit drain lines. For the port side cockpit drain lines, you may end up putting the same thing on the other side.

ttles714

Reaction score
thanks ... I would love to see them ... do you know where they are ?? I have crawled into the bilge as far as i can go ... there is no way i can reach the bolts, ... in fact i can only see ( about 3 feet away) the 2 outboard mounting bolts and i can see the tow eye bolts ... there is an aluminum angle brace and what i think is an aluminum plate. .... What you said makes sense but I am not sure of where to put the deck plate. The factory installed deck plates on the Motor well of the euro transom do not help me at all ... reaching in to the starboard most deck access plate, I feel but cannot see ,, what seams to be a large aluminum plate... I am not really sure of where that is in relation to the 2 bolts ... I have reached out to GRady but no reply.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'll poke around and see if I can find them.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long. First thread I looked at....
There is a picture of each side of the eurotransom that show the plates.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing it on the side walls of the eurotransom. I think if it is done where this boat has them, you can reach the ladder and quite possibly the scupper hose clamos too.

ttles714

Reaction score
I am going to get a borescope inspection camera to get a better idea of "what and where",.. Then Grady White lived up to their excellent customer service record and responded to my issue ...I am going to attach their recommendation, which included a detailed picture by picture of the repair... Before I cut or drill anything I am going to play around with the inspection camera a little. The outboard bracket is good , so one of my objectives is not to remove the whole ladder assembly if possible . Fishtales>>> thanks for digging out that picture .. I will look into that also

Attachments

• Toggle platform ladderHow to install a Ladder Replacement if you can't use the existing mounti...pdf
    248.6 KB · Views: 14

Fishtales

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm assuming the ladder comes with the togglers? Do you remove the white piece after staring one of the topside ladder bolts or something like that?

ttles714

Reaction score
I didn't buy A ladder.. I was trying to do a repair .... I needed the extra work of the repair because I did something stupid last fall !!! One of those things !!! I just finished the repair .. Of all the choices, I chose to drill a 1&1/2 inch hole on the vertical just opposite the bolt. With a semi circular wrench I was able to get at both inboard bolts .... I only needed to replace the aft bolt and tighten the forward bolt. .. I will plug the hole with a hole plug and as you can see, I have a little more work to do on that corner ...

Attachments

• bracket hole.JPG
    bracket hole.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11