Nav/Anc Switch part number

Jesseries

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I’ve been going through my new to me 2016 Freedom 225 trying to get it sorted out and the list of projects done. I’ve replaced all of the switches and covers except for Nav/Anc switch. I ordered a replacement from New wire but it only had 7 terminals instead of the 8 on the original. With the 7 terminal switch there is no where to put the blue jumper that runs from switch to switch. Does anyone know the original Carling part number or Grady part number for the 8 terminal version? Only the prefix of VJD1 is stamped on the side. The other option is to rewire to make it work with the 7 terminal but I can’t figure it out.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I assume you want to trigger the illumination of all of the other switches from the Nav/Anc switch. So when you turn on Nav or Anchor, the switch panel illuminates.
In that case you don't need pin 8 on the Nav/Anc switch. It will already light when you turn it on. If you connect pin 1 or pin 6 to the daisy chain of blue illumination wires, it will light all of the other switches when its on.

It is possible that the boat was wired to illuminat the switch panel from the Ignition ON key switch instead of the Nav/Anc switch. in that case you need a switch with pin 8 (or 8 ,9 & 10)

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.02.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Jesseries

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I assume you want to trigger the illumination of all of the other switches from the Nav/Anc switch. So when you turn on Nav or Anchor, the switch panel illuminates.
In that case you don't need pin 8 on the Nav/Anc switch. It will already light when you turn it on. If you connect pin 1 or pin 6 to the daisy chain of blue illumination wires, it will light all of the other switches when its on.

It is possible that the boat was wired to illuminat the switch panel from the Ignition ON key switch instead of the Nav/Anc switch. in that case you need a switch with pin 8 (or 8 ,9 & 10)

View attachment 33506
So just tie the back lights into the anchor light to trigger them when the anchor light comes on? Stupid question what does pin 8 do if you don’t need it? Is it just an internal jumper?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
all of the OTHER switches need pin 8. Pin 8 is the (+) and 7 the (-) for the illumination bulb. Your blue wires jump from 8 to 8 to 8 and there are black wires from 7 to 7 to 7....

Your Nav/Anc has two lights that are DEPENDANT on the switch position. They both light when ON because of the jumpers.

The other switches have one switch Dependant light and one ILLUMINATION light (between pins 8 & 7)

You only need your switches illuminated when its dark. You have to have your NAV/ANC light on when its dark. So you use the NAV/ANC to power the pin 8 chain of illumination lights.