1982 GW Seafarer w/87 Johnson 225

82seafarer

Reaction score
Ok, here is my boat. I have had it since 2000.
COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Heavy Duty!

82seafarer! Hello to you from NW FL. Nice looking and heavy duty little lady you have there! What horsepower is that Johnson? A real classy girl! 8)

82seafarer

Reaction score
1982 Seafarer pic

Thanks Ken.
I am the second owner and she still has low hours on her.
It needs a new boot-stripe and rebuilt carbs but still runs /looks good!

82seafarer

Reaction score
...more.

Hello yourself there Ken - Ed from the Jersey Shore !
Oh - she has a 225 Johnson which was replaced in 87 or 88 (I forget the exact year of the engine) when the original engine went bad.
I just replaced the oil pump with a new NON-INJECTED style so I can mix the oil and gas myself. Now I do not have to fear the pump going bad or malfunctioning and roasting the engine. Plus I am adding a 15hp Evinrude kicker and dual binnacle control for it and now they can share the same fuel tank. Plus I added a second battery where the oil tank was !

Chasing Rays

Reaction score
Good looking boat. I am looking at a 22 Seafarer with a 2.6 Litre OMC. Which is around 205-235 H.P. and was wondering what kind of fuel consumption do you use.

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
hi 82seafarer i was courious about your fuel milage with this boat and engine as i too have a 1982 seafarer 226 with a 225 evinrude. just got that motor on...

thanks chris

82seafarer

Reaction score
FUEL mileage

Sorry guys, I have not been online in a while to check your posts but I must say I don't remember the exact mileage I get from my boat. Last year I did not use the boat much and it has been a few years since I kept track. If I remember right I can cruise nice and easy on 8 gals per hour.
Sometimes less. Wide open throttle and it is probably in the high teens at least. At the higher speeds it likes fuel. REALLY likes it. But fortunately it RARELY sees that since it is too fast to travel comfortably since it goes so fast with that size engine on it. I will try and keep track next time I am out.