2000 Yamaha Two Stroke - warning alarms please comment

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yamaha 2 stroke 250hp~ 250 hrs, had some alarms go off last night. I was trolling for about two hrs, just above idle and I had a temperature warning alarm go off, at the same time my battery alarm was also blinking?? Any ideas on that, there was still piss running out of her and it didnt feel hot to the touch. Could it be a bad thermostate, or stuck poppet valve, bad water pump? just looking to see if anyone has run into this issue. As for the battery alarm that was odd, I had my spreader lights on, could that suck enough juice to run my batteries low, with my running lights on etc. l also had what i think was my fuel water seperator indicator going off at the same time on the fuel management gauge (Lower left icon), I didnt have time to change it out yet this year but it would make sense since it sat for four months, I did the stabil and filled the tank etc. I will get time next week to empty the one inside the engine and change the inline. Im gonna attach a pic to make sure thats what were taking about.

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
image-6.jpg

Ron Semenza

Reaction score
Last year my alarm went off slow trolling. It was the two thermostats in my 200HPDI. I would check them first.

striped bass

Reaction score
Chain:

RE: the overheating - It never hurts to change out the water circulator in the lower unit. The battery: clean the posts and tighten down real good when re-connecting. If this doesn't work the suggestions in the other posts may be the way to go. I had both of your issues and these woorked for me.