2003 Marlin 300 center of gravity

wbdenamur

Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate center of gravity for a 2003 Marlin 300 with full fuel and Yamaha twin F250s? I need this for positioning on a lift. Thanks

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This is from Grady...You are looking for "LCG"...Check notes at the bottom of image....This is not your year but the same info is available for your year on the Grady website.
PaX6MSMh.png

Last edited:

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I use a point at the aft end of the livewell. Fuel isn’t a big concern because the tanks are so close to the COB point. The water tank is aft, however, as well as the generator and diesel tank if you have those (I do). To visualize it, my Marlin has about 2/3 of the length forward of my estimated balance point.

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I use a point at the aft end of the livewell. Fuel isn’t a big concern because the tanks are so close to the COB point. The water tank is aft, however, as well as the generator and diesel tank if you have those (I do). To visualize it, my Marlin has about 2/3 of the length forward of my estimated balance point.

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Correct. 1200 pounds hanging on the transom plus a 250 pound generator and another couple hundred pounds of water and diesel throw the COG well back.

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
When you get your boat on the lift, checking the cable tension by hand at each lift point will give you an indication of how well the load is balanced.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Any professional company installing lifts should have a cable tensiometer and should use it to confirm proper boat placement. If not there may be organizations that would let you borrow or rent one.