2003 Marlin Generator Replacement

wbdenamur

Reaction score
What type of generator and how much should it cost to replace mine in my 2003 Marlin? My Koehler is toast and never gave anything but trouble.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have the Fischer Panda 4KW diesel that came with the boat. Other than regular service and winterizaion, I've only had to change the starter twice (every 7 years).
They are compact and fit nicely in the boat. It is a tight space so the smaller the better.

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I have the Fischer Panda 4KW diesel that came with the boat. Other than regular service and winterizaion, I've only had to change the starter twice (every 7 years).
They are compact and fit nicely in the boat. It is a tight space so the smaller the better.

ocdansar

Reaction score
I’m not sure you can buy a new gas marine generator anymore. You may look at nextgen. That’s what I’m installing when my kohler dies.
It’s in my 2003 express had 7 hours on it when I bought the boat. I cleaned the carb changed oil and plugs new thermostat and impeller. I’ve put 3 hours on it so far so good.
Im not gonna dump a bunch of money in it when it starts acting up it’s gone. I must say for an 18 year old unit it looks pretty darn good. Good luck whatever you choose.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You should be able to add a fill to the transom (like the water has) and put a small tank aft. I believe the tank is only 6 gal or so currently. There is space if you want to go bigger.