2007 226 Before & After Pics

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Towards the end of last season we purchased a new to us 2007 226. It took most of the Winter (which was a LONG WINTER in the Chicagoland area) to get all the work done and turn her into the fishing vessel that she now is.

On the Trailer in Two Rivers Wisconsin. The day I picked it up

With my wife Kelly on the water for the 1st time last year.

Ready to fish!!!

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Now there are a few rods, still need a few more. looks good man I noticed your custom rod tree holders in another post. Enjoy the boat.

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Never enough rods!!...LOL

On Lake Michigan we can fish 3 rods per person when trolling. Typically I run 2 downriggers, 2 dipsy diver rods and 6 planer boards (3 per side) if I have enough people on board to support 10 rods. This time of the year were fishing in close (1-2 miles) and shallow water (15-35 feet). Once we move offshore (12-30 miles) and start fishing deeper water (80-200 feet) we stick with the 2 riggers and 2 dipsy divers however I usually go down to only 2 planer rods per side (8 total rods). We may go out with 20 rods but only run 10 depending upon the time of the year.

The boat is GREAT. I have always wanted a Grady White but never thought I would be able to swing one. I'm glad I was able to.

Here is the 4 man limit of Coho Salmon from Saturday....

Thanks

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Bought my 232 from Al at Twin Cities. great people and a great buying experience.

Where are the dockside shots at? Doesn't look like Manitowoc..

dale1

Reaction score
spawn bag. did you install that boarding ladder or was it factory? looks nice.

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Dale,

I'm assuming it's factory installed however cannot confirm. I did not install it. Very sturdy and can come in handy when on the trailer. I'm 230 pounds and it supports me no problem. I try not to use it but dont always have my fold up ladder with me. I'm guessing the main purpose is to be used while in the water where we all weigh a little less??

Bill,

That picture is from East Chicago Indiana. Steel Mills that extend 2.5 miles out into the lake, barges, mill dust blowing at 30 knots, etc......Oh I forgot, and 4 man limits of Coho in a couple hours....LOL. This end of Lake Michigan warms up faster than the rest of the lake bringing all the Coho and the bait they are chasing down to us. There are also plenty of Brown Trout (some well into the teens), Steelhead and King Salmon. Once the lake warms I trailer to other areas all around the lake. Last year we were in Door County with our 18 foot Hewescraft. We were on our way home to New lenox, IL and my wife asked me to stop and look at this boat that Al at Twin Cities had listed. It later proved to be the most expensive vacation we ever took....NO REGRETS. I cant wait to go to Door County this year with the new boat.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
very cool.

I had a Seafarer for 10 years before I bought my 232 from Al. You'll love it. Lake MI may take awhile to warm back up this summer with the severe winter up there. Keep a couple extra sweatshirts in the cabin and have a great summer!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Nice rig. I troll in the ocean and man I only 4 to 6 in my spread. I wish I could run 10 in a spread. That swim ladder looks pretty darn factory. We head out in a few days to fish for dolphin off the east coast of Fla.

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Bob,

Have a great time, be safe and good luck. I would love to see some pics.

I do NOT know the guys in this YouTube video but it's one of my favorites. Small boat (like my old one) salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. It's great video that gets you watching the rods wondering which one is going to go off next. These guys can come out with me anytime!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmWgdmCjXj8