226 Hardtop Tube Diameter ???

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 2007 226 with a hardtop and I'm looking to mount some clamp on rod holders onto the tubes that support the hardtop. The rod holders I'm interested in require machining so I want to make sure I have the correct diameter. I have searched for other posts on the site however do see anything for a 226.

FYI - I reached out to GW as well and if I get a solid response I will post the sizes.

Thanks in advance!!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I can't give you the answer, but it's easy to figure out. Measure the circumference and then just divide by Pi. That will give you a very exact answer.

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
Dennis,

Thanks for the tip. Worked great. Said I would post results.

Larger tube - Actual OD - 1.9
Smaller tube - Actual OD - 1.3

Big Jon makes a nice clamp on rod holder thats adjustable after mounted. They will machine for accurate fit.

Thanks again

Jim

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You're welcome, Jim. I'm glad it was helpful. I kinda thought it would be 1.9" as that's pretty standard, but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to say. Gotta luv math!

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
I have to mount 6 rod holders on the tube however I need adjustment AFTER they are mounted. I want to be able to angle them out to fish in-line planer boards and them fold them up to get my mooring cover on without having to modify the cover. So far these Big Jon's seem like the best choice. They have to machine them out so I wanted to be sure. In regards to the math....I for sure missed that day.

BigJohnHolders.jpg

Thanks